Friday, April 18, 2008

The Harvester

Yesterday I had a surreal experience. I stood beneath a giant harvester, amazed that I had taken so long to go see them, and inspired by their beauty. Not only aesthetic beauty, but the beautiful manner by which they can create electricity.

I am, of course, talking about the wind turbine sup at Klipheuwel north of Cape Town, ESKOM's little test farm. I was there to help commission a much smaller little wind turbine, but it was beautiful to hear the blades of the monster 1.2MW machine rustling in the wind.

Much better than biofuels! And that is what I am going to write my case study on, I have finally decided. At last I have finished my literature review, and that convinced me that biofuels will be the best item to write on.

I wont inflict the whole assignment on you, but watch this space for a synopsis!

No comments: